Visit Mala Island and see the Whales of the South Pacific.
Mala Island is the premier location for starting your whale watching adventure. Located near some of the hottest whale watching spots, Mala Island is a great place to begin your adventure..
The Vava’u Island group is a spectacular tropical island paradise in the Pacific Ocean with tropical forests, sea-level caves, and dramatic limestone cliffs with breathtaking vistas. It has a year-round climate (22°-30°c) suitable for swimming, snorkeling, diving, kayaking, sailing and the once-in-a-lifetime experience of swimming with the humpback whales.
The Vava’u Island group is known to be the prettiest island group in the Kingdom of Tonga, and Mala Island is considered to be the “Jewel of Vava’u” as a true private island paradise. Welcome to Mala Island Resort.
Enjoy a truly beautiful island with its white sandy beach, world class snorkeling and breathtaking view from our open air restaurant and bar. After a day on the beach or in the water, enjoy our menu of local and traditional meals from fresh fish & lobster entrées to burgers, fish & chips, homemade bread, stir fried selections and daily specials.
Step off the beach to go snorkeling in the world famous Japanese Coral Gardens.
Explore this exotic island surrounded by untouched reefs.
Immerse yourself in tranquil beauty and local comfort.
Mala Island Resort Features
- Beautiful 20 acre Private Island
- White Sandy Beaches
- Spectacular Under Water Reefs 10 Feet off the Beach
- Value Priced Accommodations for all Budgets
- Rustic Ocean View Bungalows with Private Bathrooms
- Local Tours Pick you up at the Dock for Reserved Excursions
- Open Air Restaurant & Bar to Enjoy Incredible Sunsets
- Fine Dining in a Comfortable Atmosphere
- Private Island 7Km from Neiafu by Boat and 500 Yards to Local
- Beach Accessible by Taxi (15 minutes from town)
- Wireless Access to the Internet in the Restaurant
- Friendly Staff Dedicated to your Enjoyment